Friday, April 20, 2012

Vintage Spindles


I recently got this awesome lot of vintage wooden spindles and I thought a lot about what I could do with them.  I have seen them used as bracelet holders on a dresser like this, but the ones I have are much thinner.


After envisioning a wooden base I came upon a lot of vintage wooden coasters at the thrift store.  I used this chisel to scrap off all the cork,


and created these cool bases, almost exactly the same color as the spindles.


 I glued the spindle onto the base and a million mosaic possibilities have opened up.




I've finally figured out what they are to be used for and I absolutely love how they are turning out.  As soon as the sun shines again I will take the photos and get them in my Etsy shop.  Until then, you too can try your hand at a spindle project.  I have six of them ready for you right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment